Youth Ministries Have Begun!
CCF is during the Sunday School hour. Come prepared to laugh, pray, play and to get to know each other. Christian Children’s Fellowship is the younger version of Chi-Rho and CYF. It is for kids K – 5th grades and who knows what kind of fun things can happen at church!
CYF is every Wednesday at 6pm. We will have a snack supper and then meet. We already know that this summer we are going to want to take a work trip down to help with all the damage from Harvey. We are going to take a stab at upgrading the church’s non-Facebook social media, and we are going to give bells a try. Youth group is always more fun when you bring your friends. See you on Wednesday. Read the bulletin here.
Installation Service for Rev. Laurie Lewis Sunday, Sept. 10th
Y’all come right in and sit right down and join with us to officially welcome our new minister, Laurie Lewis, into our community of believers. After worship, we are having a county fair themed lunch – peanuts on the table, hay bales on the floor. Fried chicken, pulled pork and homemade ice cream will be provided. Please bring yourself and those who would like to share their talent for entertainment – put your self on the list. Casual attire – jeans, boots – you bet! Worship at 9:30 am, lunch at 11:45 am. Read the bulletin.
Some advantages of singing in the choir:
1. You never have to worry about what to wear.
2. You have excellent seats and are assured of a reserved seat for Christmas and Easter.
3. From your seat in the choir loft you can gawk at, smile at, ignore, and otherwise enjoy the rest of the people in the congregation.
4. You’re in an excellent seat to see all the activity, such as baptisms, new members, installations, etc.
5. The pastor is nearly always looking the other way.
6. The cost for all these benefits is low. Just one evening a week for a rehearsal.