The trouble with money
What’s the trouble with money? Nothing. It’s neither good nor bad. Money is neutral, but how we use it may be good or bad. How Christians manage their money is very important. After all, our God-given talents have enabled us to have it. Therefore, we are called to be good stewards and to prudently use all that God allows us to have.
What might this require?
1. Families should begin with a “game plan” and stick to it. Launch the plan with a prayer for guidance in the use of all monies received.
2. Make a budget and follow it fervently. Occasionally keep an account of every penny spent over a period of time. It will reveal money spent or used unwisely.
3. Spend wisely. Shop diligently, buy sensibly, save regularly and invest carefully.
4. Get out of debt as soon as possible. Remember, nothing works against your financial status like compound interest.
5. Share generously. Giving is an important part of God’s plan for us. Give not only to the church, but to worthy social causes, especially those sponsored by your church.
6. Notice the wonderful rewards of good money management. God’s economy is strange but wonderful. It always works in favor of those who are good stewards.
The two day “Save Someone’s Life This Summer” community
blood drive was a success as 137 donors came forward to give their
“Gift of Life”. We collected 128 productive units and there were six
first time donors. I would like to thank Connie for her assistance and
Jay for being such a big help before, during and after the drive. Many members of
the congregation are regular donors and workers at each and every drive. It is a
blessing to be surrounded by so many caring and loving people. The use of the
church and fellowship hall is deeply appreciated. To the Disciple Women of First
Christian Church: on behalf of the donors, workers and Wichita Staff, I would like to
thank you for the delicious cookies you provided for the recent blood drive. You
gals really went out of your way to please and you are truly appreciated. We had so
many compliments on the wonderful assortment of cookies and everyone agreed
they were delicious. Thank you again for your time and talents in making the blood
drive a huge success!!